All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pantry cannellini bean and tomato salad with artichokes

Once again, I've been sidelined by that ankle injury several months ago.  Which meant no long walks to the supermarket, but on the happy side, reading and re-reading books from my library, everything from Buddhist philosophy to cookbooks to mysteries.  It's been lovely, but I'm impatient for the ankle to heal a little faster.










I've also browsed more on Pinterest, which is where I found this salad-from-the-pantry, made very simply with cans of diced tomatoes, beans, and artichoke hearts from my pantry shelves. I had green olives, but no black olives - I think I would prefer the black olives next time. And I did drain the diced tomatoes, but they were still juicy, next time I'll drain them a little longer. I also cut the artichoke hearts in half, instead of quarters.  But still, it was a wonderful filling salad for lunch.

Do check out the link for full directions  - her salad is lovely!

What I used:

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 fat garlic cloves, pressed
2 tablespoons bottled capers
a handful of olives
2 cans cannellini beans, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes, drained
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2-3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
My parmesan cheese was very dry and hard, so I skipped the 1/4 cup parmesan shavings.








4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

It's pretty too:)

katrina said...

It is pretty, Monique, thank you! I was a little surprised by that, and even more by the salad itself! Very good, and could not be easier. I just have to remember to re-fill the shelf tomorrow with more artichokes, beans, and diced tomatoes - and olives!

debra said...

My favorite kind of meal — improvised with what you have on hand... or in the pantry!

katrina said...

Exactly, debra! I was astonished it was so easy to pull together!