All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Sunday, January 1, 2012

welcoming a new year with hoppin john




Joyful New Year's Day! The beans for the hoppin john are simmering, and later in the day I'll be feasting and reflecting on the year behind, and the year ahead. My usual recipe for hoppin john is here, but I've already made changes ( more pork belly and herbs, a little hot sauce), so I'll update as the day progresses.


Wishing you all a glorious, sparkling day and lots of smiles!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Katrina! I'm a few days behind but I really want to wish you the very best this coming year. And...thank you so much for sharing your blog with the rest of us. It's delightful and I always learn something new from you. I just know you are a wonderful, fascinating woman.

Happy 2012! May it be everything you hope for!

katrina said...

Oh, Barb - that is the dearest compliment, thank you! And I wish you a wonderful New Year as well, you lovely lady ♥