All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Thursday, April 3, 2008

hello mac n' cheese!

















I thought I was having sauteed chicken and spinach tonight, but I fell in love with this cutest little pasta while I was shopping in the supermarket today, sooooooo, it turned out I had mac n'cheese. Who doesn't love this soothing, smooth combination? ( well, maybe my son, who hates cheese) So here we go, for the BEST mac n ' cheese you've ever tasted.
Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
Add 2 cups pasta to boiling water.
Drain pasta and set aside when pasta is tender.
Add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to pot. Melt butter.
Add 3 tablespoons flour to the butter/oil combination and whisk briskly for a few minutes.
Add one and a half cups low fat milk to butter/oil, and whisk.
Add 8 oz brick of grated sharp cheddar cheese ( I use Cabot's, from Vermont), and continue to whisk, until cheese is melted. You can add a half cup mozzarella if you like it stringy.
Add pasta, stir, and serve. Add freshly cracked pepper, if you wish.
Comfort food, personified!





No comments: